hello, welcome back faira podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest tech news from the weekend as well as headlines from the start of the week. Here’s the wrap-up for this morning!
- Global stock markets were mixed: Chinese stocks sold off at the open, while U.S. stocks were set to rise. This week’s slew of earnings reports should jolt the stock market for technology companies and their traditional peers.
- In Crypto Land, prices are back to where they were before the XRP decision. I don’t know what to make of it, but I do know that worldcoins are still a thing, and are effectively obsolete now.
- Twitter’s new brand: Hurrah X, I think.Musk is working to overturn everything we know about Twitter and rebrand it X, the company intended to be some kind of super app. Cool if it works; awkward if it doesn’t.
- Spotify has finally raised their prices and all I can say is thank God. It just feels weirder and weirder to turn all the music in the world into one song. The price increase is welcome, though still much smaller than it should be.
- SF Express Indeed the new AI hub.
Next, we have “Disrupt,” which takes up more and more of my time. See you there then!
For episode notes and more, go to Equity’s Simplecast website.
Stocks drop every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 a.m. PT, so subscribe to our apple podcasts, gray, Spotify and all actors. TechCrunch also has a Great show on cryptocurrencyA show interview founderone detailing how our stories come together and more!