hello, welcome back faira podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest tech news from the weekend as well as headlines from the start of the week. Here’s the wrap-up for this morning!
- Stocks around the world fell sharply on the back of weak economic data from China in the second quarter. We’re also coming back to the earnings cycle, so get ready to hear from major companies like Tesla and Netflix this week.
- In the crypto space, a partial XRP/Ripple victory fueled a short-lived boom for many crypto tokens; XRP was the clear winner last week.
- Twitter’s cash flow is negative, according to its chief executivebut the company intends to double down Pay for the high profile activity of individual Twitter users.
- While Twitter molted, Threads continued to grow like a weed. Speaking of Meta, the company ran into trouble in Norway.
- On the startup side, Intel invested in Figure, which we think is pretty good, and Thunes is almost a unicorn now!
We will be back on Wednesday and Friday. Let’s talk later!
For episode notes and more, go to Equity’s Simplecast website.
Stocks drop every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 a.m. PT, so subscribe to our apple podcasts, gray, Spotify and all actors. TechCrunch also has a Great show on cryptocurrencyA show interview founderone detailing how our stories come together and more!