Executives have many responsibilities as leaders, but ensuring their organizations remain competitive and relevant is one of the most important. Staying on top of trends is the easiest way for executives to accomplish this. But with hectic schedules and long to-do lists, how can executives successfully keep up with trends and stay on top of things?
We recently asked busy executives how they stay on top of trends.
Here are their responses…
Ana Smith, Talent Architect and Global Learning Strategist
(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNccVlpjc8 (/embed)
As a busy executive, it can be challenging to keep up with the latest trends and developments in the industry. However, keeping it up to date is essential to ensure your organization remains competitive and relevant. Here are five key strategies to help you stay on top of trends as a busy executive:
- Prioritize learning: Make learning a priority and make time in your schedule to stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in your industry.
- Create a network: Build a network of peers and experts in your industry to stay abreast of the latest trends and developments. Attend conferences, seminars and networking events to network and gain insight into emerging trends.
- Utilize technology: Leverage technology to keep pace with the times. Subscribe to industry newsletters, set Google alerts for relevant keywords, and follow industry influencers on social media.
- Entrusted Responsibilities: Delegate responsibilities to other members of your team who can help you stay on top of trends. Assign someone to monitor industry news and report back to you on a regular basis.
- Extensive Reading: Read widely to stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in your industry. Make time to regularly read industry publications, blogs and books.
All in all, keeping up as a busy executive requires prioritizing learning, networking, leveraging technology, delegating responsibility and reading widely. By implementing these strategies, managers can stay informed and ensure their organizations remain competitive and relevant in today’s rapidly evolving business environment.
anna smith Helps people and organizations realize their full potential by developing and co-creating people strategies and custom solutions, and translating them into impactful outcomes and collaborative relationships, with coaching as the “red thread”.
Michael Willis, Head of Sports Business Operations
Image via Bigstock
In sports, as the popularity of the NFL continues to climb, so do challenges and adversity. The NFL must find ways to predict the future to meet these challenges and stay ahead of the industry.
4 trends in NFL planning that remain constant:
1. Millennials – The sports world faces an uphill battle to find ways to attract millennials to watch games. The rise of technology has made it easier for people to play games from the comfort of their homes. Many major sports leagues have made it easier to watch games on their mobile devices or on networks such as NFL Network.
2. Technology integration—— The pace of technology is constantly changing. Fans want to connect to the game through their social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter feeds. If teams don’t actively use social media and engage fans with modern technology, fans won’t follow them or go to games.
3. Match Day Experience – The NFL wants to give fans an experience that can only be had at the stadium. This includes pre-game tailgating and shows, half-time entertainment and post-game celebrations.
4. Predict the future—— The world is constantly changing. The sports industry is challenged to predict the next trend, the next big idea that will captivate its audience. While the future is almost impossible to predict, it pays for sports leagues to continue to study trends.
michael willis 18+ years of experience working with accounting and sports organizations, managing P&Ls from $10 million to over $125 million and budgets from $3 million to over $50 million. He worked in the NFL for 22 1/2 years, mostly with game officials on the financial/accounting side.
Lisa Perry, Head of Global Marketing
Image via Bigstock
As a busy global marketing executive, staying on top of trends is critical to keeping up with the ever-changing business environment. While staying on the cutting edge of the latest developments can be challenging, it is vital to stay relevant and competitive in today’s fast-paced business world. As a brand marketing executive, there are five things I do every week to stay on top of trends:
1. Leverage technology: In today’s digital age, technology can be your best ally in staying current. With numerous online tools and resources, you can easily stay on top of the latest developments in the industry. I use ChatGPT, Canva, Grammarly and SaveTik every day. You can follow thought leaders or industry experts on social media, subscribe to podcasts or newsletters, sign up for Google Alerts on keywords related to your industry, attend webinars, or take online courses focused on specific industries and trends.
2. Collaborate with peers: Collaborating with peers is a great way to stay on top of trends. Consider joining an industry-specific association or forming a peer group with other executives in your field. By sharing ideas and insights, you can learn from each other and stay abreast of the latest trends.
3. Read: Industry-specific publications are valuable sources of information and insights. Subscribe to publications covering your industry and make it a habit to read them regularly. You can also follow relevant blogs and thought leaders in your industry to stay abreast of the latest trends. I joined a marketing book club to learn about the latest brand marketing trends.
4. Attend meetings and social events: Conferences and networking events provide an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest trends and connect with like-minded professionals. As a busy executive, it can be challenging to attend every event, but try to prioritize the ones most relevant to your industry.
5. Continuous learning: It’s easy to fall into the trap of feeling like you don’t have enough time to learn new things. However, committing to constantly learning new things can help you stay on top of industry trends. This could involve taking online courses, attending webinars, or even reading books related to your field. I am learning how ChatGPT can help me as a brand marketer while reading some brand marketing books to improve my skills.
Staying on top of trends is essential for any executive looking to stay relevant and competitive in today’s fast-paced business world.
Lisa Perry Helping companies build leadership brands, drive loyal customers and achieve profitability. She does this through the process of building brands that consumers love. Her goal is to help companies develop, monetize and grow their brands.
As a busy executive, how do you keep up with the times?join the conversation inside Work It Daily’s Execution Plan.
Articles from your website
Related articles on the web