What Does a Teenage Graphic Designer Do?
As a teenage graphic designer, your main responsibility is to create visually appealing illustrations and images for various purposes. This could include designing logos, creating mascots for brands, developing infographics, editing pictures, and creating or editing other types of images. Your job is to take the customer’s ideas and turn them into a visual representation that meets their approval.
How Much Does a Teenage Graphic Designer Get Paid?
As a new graphic designer, you can expect to earn an hourly rate of around $10 to $15. However, the graphic design industry offers a lot of opportunities, and once you gain experience and build a strong reputation, it’s easy to find freelance work.
How Can I Get Started as a Teenage Graphic Designer?
- If you are a teenager interested in becoming a graphic designer, the first step is to talk to your parents or guardians about your plans. It’s important to get their support and guidance in pursuing this career path. Once you have their approval, the next step is to get the necessary tools and training.
- To get started as a graphic designer, you’ll need access to industry-standard software like Adobe Photoshop. While it is not free, it is affordable at $10 per month. Ask your parents for help with the first few payments, and then you can pay for it yourself once you start getting clients.
- Once you have the software, it’s time to learn how to use it. You can take courses at school or sign up for online courses like the one offered by Lynda.com. Their “Photoshop CC One-on-One: Fundamentals by Deke McClelland” course is a great place to start and offers a free 10-day trial.
- To gain experience, reach out to your social networks and offer your services to friends, family, teachers, coaches, and anyone else who might need graphic design work done. This will help you build a portfolio and gain valuable experience.
- Once you have some experience and feel confident in your skills, start looking for part-time work. Websites like Upwork.com, 99Designs.com, and Fiverr.com are great places to find freelance jobs. As you gain more experience and build your reputation, you can charge higher rates and eventually work as a consultant for yourself.
- It’s important to remember that becoming a successful graphic designer takes time and dedication. However, if you stick with it and continue to improve your skills, you can make a good living in this field. The average salary for graphic designers is between $40,000 and $45,000 per year, but you can earn more if you work as a consultant.
- Lynda.com: This platform will teach you the skills you need to become a teen graphic designer.Course:Search “Photoshop CC One-on-One: Fundamentals by Deke McClelland” and choose the most recent course.
- Adobe Photoshop: This is the software required to become a teen graphic designer. It is available in some schools and if not, it’s a very low fee of $10 per month.
- Upwork.com: This will help you find new work when you’re trained as a teen graphic designer.
- 99Designs.com: This is another place where graphic designers can find work.
- Fiverr.com: This website is another website where teenage graphic designers can get new work projects.