To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT, subscribe here.
Wednesday is here, and we’re still excited about Disrupt later this year. African Startups: We want you to apply to join Startup Battlefield 200, and we’ve also started selling Expo+ passes.
TechCrunch Top 3
- What’s the password?: Google’s key is now rolling out to account users around the world. The key lets you access your account without a password, and “authentication is basically synced between all your devices via the cloud using an encrypted key pair, allowing you to log in to websites and application, ” Paul Write.
- in the driver’s seat: Stripe, a longtime Lyft partner, has now signed a big deal with Uber. Ingrid There are more.
- have an impact: Manish asked the question, “Where is India in the generative AI race?” and answered it by understanding how Indian entrepreneurs are trying to capitalize on the excitement surrounding this trend.
Startups and Venture Capital
Plex’s music player, Plexamp, now works with ChatGPT to create playlists, reports Sarah. This got me curious and I spent most of the morning making playlists using ChatGPT-4. Among other things, I asked it to create a list of the top 10 heavy metal songs of 2004, the best music for work, and the most nostalgic songs.
I also had ChatGPT-4 create a list of the top 5 songs on startups, and… I’ll be damned, it not only made it into the song list, but explained Why Every song on this list has a meaning. Not going to lie, this one has always amazed me.Below is the list, I made them into a convenient Spotify playlistone Apple Music Playlist and a youtube playlist Same goes for you.
- Drake’s “From the Bottom”: The song’s lyrics about starting from scratch and working your way up resonate with many startups trying to achieve success.
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem: The intensity and drive in the lyrics of this song can represent the dedication and focus it takes to build a successful startup.
- “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi: This hymn of mastering one’s own destiny and seizing opportunities is in line with the entrepreneurial mentality of many entrepreneurs.
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey: This classic track reminds entrepreneurs to always believe in their vision, even when the road to success is challenging.
- Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger”: As a symbol of perseverance and tenacity, this song has become an anthem for those who face adversity, work hard, and move forward bravely, much like the spirit of an entrepreneur.
OK, enough musically inspired silliness. Here’s more news about your startup:
Ask Sophie: Will I be allowed into the US if my passport expires in 5 months?
A few years ago, I started a startup in Zimbabwe. I plan to visit the US market for the first time next month and apply for a visitor visa.
I’m going to be in the US for a few months, but I just realized that my passport is going to expire in September. I understand that my passport needs to be valid for at least six months to travel to the United States.
Is that (still) true? Do I need to delay my trip?
Three more from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams stay ahead of the pack. you can sign up here. Use code “DC” for 15% off your annual subscription!
big tech company
Remember when Airbnb started out as a way to rent out rooms in your home to avoid staying in a hotel? Now that the average home rental price on the platform has risen — 36% since 2019, according to the company — it’s refocusing on single rooms, offering users more affordable options. ivan There are more.
at the same time, Sarah During dating app giant Match Group’s first-quarter earnings call, it was reported that Match believed that the recent Apple-Epic Games antitrust appeal ruling, while largely in Apple’s favor, could lead to developers being underappreciated in the App Store. Reduced fees.
We have five more for you: