hello, welcome back faira podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
all the cool kids are Fill out the Equity Audience Survey. We want to hear from you!
Our Monday show covers the latest tech news from the weekend as well as headlines from earlier in the week. This time we came here on a Tuesday due to a US holiday! Here’s the outline:
- Global stock markets were mixed, and central banks adjusted interest rates to adjust their domestic economies. The crypto world is silent.
- Alibaba’s shakeup: The Chinese tech conglomerate’s chief executive is stepping down from that role to run its cloud business, one of the businesses the company is shedding.
- Intel managed pull out a handsome bag from Germany in exchange for building a factory in that country.
- OpenAI is Efforts to limit impact EU regulation of AI for its products and services.
- no one wants Big purchase of Tiger’s startup stakeso it’s reduced to selling odds and ends to whoever needs them.
- Go-Ventures, now renamed Argor Capital, has a new $240 million fund.
- Yellow and ElevenLabs raised capital as Byju’s laid off staff.
We will be back early tomorrow morning! talk to you later!
For episode transcripts and more, go to Equity’s Simplecast website.
Stocks are down every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 a.m. PT, so subscribe to our apple podcasts, gray, spotify music and all actors. TechCrunch also has a Great show for cryptocurrenciesA program interview founderone that detail how our stories come together and more!
Alibaba leadership changes, OpenAI lobbying EU regulators, late-stage market messBy Alex Wilhelm Originally Posted on TechCrunch